Here are the presentations for the first two weeks of Rule Difference Classes
Here is the PDF of the Extra Periods presentation from the meeting on October 25.
Below is a link to the new 2017 Mechanics Manual, all changes are highlighted in gray shading.
New: Pace of Play and Substitution Procedures section
Modified: There are changes/clarifications in the Try and Field Goal section and the Scrimmage Kick section.
All Members must register with the MIAA for the season so you will be eligible for both regular season and playoff assignments.
Note: Registration alone is $10, registration plus background check is $45. If you completed a background check in 2015 it is good for 3 years and you will only have to pay the $10 registration fee.
Dear MIAA Game Officials,
Thank you for participating with our 225,000 student-athletes who competed in MIAA interscholastic sports. Your collaboration with our member schools and leagues is valued.
Registration for the 2017-18 school year will open on July 1st. All officials will once again complete this process through the MIAA ArbiterSports page found here: http://miaa.arbitersports.com/front/110185/Site .
Information and instructions for both new and returning officials can be found on this main page.
Your support and professionalism for this important initiative is appreciated.
Many thanks for your service,
Richard L. Pearson
MIAA & MSSAA
All officials should have gotten an email from the MIAA on or about June 12 with information regarding the new procedure for officials to register with the MIAA. Officiating boards will no longer be registering their members with the MIAA as a group. This process will now be done by the individual officials through ArbiterSports. The process includes the MIAA registration and Background Check. The cost for a background check and to register in one sport will be $45; each additional sport registration will be $10. You will continue to register with the MIAA personally each year, but you will only need to have a background check done every 3 years.
You may register beginning on June 15, 2015 and must register by July 31, 2015
Note: High School Assigners (Commissioners) have been instructed by their Leagues/Conferences to only use officials who have successfully completed the Background Check. If you do not go through this procedure, you will not be able to officiate Middle or High School games at any level (Middle School, Freshman, JV or Varsity).
Step-by-Step Process: (this should only take 10-15 minutes to complete)
- Click on this link: MIAA Arbiter Page
- Sign in with your normal Arbiter Account, the same one you use when you get your games.
- Click the Registration Tab
- Click on all the sports you will officiate in High School during the 2015-2016 school year.
- Click Register.
- Welcome Page: Read the Welcome screen and click Next.
- Personal Information Page: If you signed in with your Arbiter account, your Personal Information should have been imported into the Personal Information Page. Check to make sure all information is correct and Click Next. Note: this is the only information that you have to provide for the background check, the rest of the process is to confirm that you consent to the background check and to make your payment.
- Photo Page: Upload a photo if you haven’t already done so. I believe this is optional, if you haven’t got one, you can do it later under the My Account Tab when you’re logged in. After you upload the photo or choose not to, Click Next.
- Chapter Selection Page: Choose our chapter “Eastern Mass. – EMAIFO (Football)” and Click Next.
- Background Consent Page: Read the Consent information, you’ll need to scroll to the bottom of the consent text and Select “I Agree” from the drop down list where it says “Please Select” (yellow filled box with red border)
- Then more text will be revealed when you select “I agree” from step 10, continue to read and scroll regarding the Disclosure of the Background Investigation. At the bottom of this new test, you will need to select “Yes” from the drop down list where it says “Please Select” (again yellow filled box with red border). Click Next.
- 2015 Payment Page: Make sure your billing information is correct, enter your credit card information below that and Click Make Payment. It will show up as “ProPay USA” on your statement.
- Print the Payment Confirmation for your records. Click Finish.
You will now have a new Organization on your list, “MIAA State Office”, with you log in, the Central Hub account type means that it acts as a web site where information about the organization can be found.
The 2015 Membership dues are due by May 1st. Information is on the Dues Info and Payment page on the Members menu.
It is with a heavy heart that we regret to inform you that Bill Leanues has passed away.
Bill had been battling cancer for some months and passed away on Thursday evening (May 15).
For many of us Bill was a friend, mentor and brother in the EMAIFO football officials fraternity.
He started officiating football in 1967 and never stopped. He was full of energy and always hustling from one game and sport to the next.
Bill worked football, baseball, soccer and basketball.
He rose through the ranks and became the assigning commissioner for the Old Colony,
Atlantic Coast, Patriot, South Shore, Mayflower and Cape Leagues.
In that role he flourished and many of us owe him for his faith and trust in our ability to deliver outstanding officiating in a game we all love.
We respectfully request you refrain from contacting Susan Leanues until the family has completed the arrangements.
When more information becomes available, it will be posted.